Nutritionist Job at Ladnan Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya
Ladnan is a new general hospital situated in the Pangani area of Nairobi that has a vision to revolutionize the healthcare sector in the area and in Kenya at large.
The role of expert nutritional input as part of the continuum of care in modern medicine cannot be denied. Science continues to reveal the how and why of what we consume can be therapeutic by preventing illness, speeding recovery, slowing down disease progression as well as improving the quality of life in chronic disease states. Moreover, the intense activity in the fad diets space further fortifies modern thinking that nutrition habits also lay the foundations of disease, In light of these realities, a leading private hospital in Nairobi Kenya, seeks to respond to these developments in health services provision. Details for the nutritionist job at Ladnan Hospital are as follows:
Nutritionist Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising patients on nutritional matters.
- .Liaising with Doctors in formulating nutritional plans for patients and explaining the same to the patients.
- Provide nutrition assessment for special needs patients and those identified at high nutritional risk.
- Develop and implement dietary care plans and nutritional counseling.
- Advise the patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modification.
- Counsel patients on rules of Good nutrition.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized institution. (Degree will be an added advantage)
- Minimum 1 year experience in a busy facility.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Nutritionists and Dietetics institute.
- .Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Computer Literate.
- Ability to work as a team player.
All interested persons should send their Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by latest January 12, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org